Sorry guys.  No photo for yesterday.  Maybe I should start a different challenge, the Every Other Day of December Photo Project, for all us slackers out there.

No, it actually wasn’t slacking.  It was craziness, then moping.  I just didn’t have time at first, then I totally didn’t feel like it.  I had gotten some inconvenient news about my low iron levels, and was just bummed out.  It looked like I was in for a major ordeal, but I wouldn’t know for sure until this morning.

Fortunately, it’s not as bad as it could be.  I mean, my iron is not good, but the solution isn’t as awful as I first thought.  I do have to have ten iv sessions, which isn’t great, but they only last an hour, and I can do them consecutively.  (I thought it was going to be 3 times a week, for 3 hours at a time, indefinitely!)  At least this way, I can get them all out of the way in the next two weeks, and hopefully be done with it.  My mother-in-law came to the rescue for this week, (again!!  She is my super-hero when things go bad!!).  She came and got the kids this morning, and will keep them through the week for me.  Next week, I am hoping to lean a little on my friends and neighbors here, or possibly find a babysitter to come for an hour and a half a day if necessary.  

They’ll retest my iron next week, and hopefully, that will be the end of it!  

The actual process wasn’t bad at all.  I sat in a cozy recliner and could have watched tv if I’d felt like it.  I had a side table with magazines, my book, and snacks close by.  A sweet little old volunteer walked by every fifteen minutes asking if she could get me a drink or a blanket or something.  She came by so often, I finally said yes to the blanket, which earned me a big, beaming smile.  There were other patients, separated by curtains, mostly getting chemo.  All the nurses were really nice.  I’ll be able to come in anytime I want to have it done.  All in all, it was the best case scenario for this situation.

I got a hep-lock for this week, since the kids aren’t around to knock it out of my arm.  I figured that was better than getting restuck four days in a row.  It’s a little bothersome, but only mildly.  I probably won’t do that next week though, with them around.  I’ll just suck it up and get a new iv everyday.  My veins actually look pretty good right now, so they won’t have a problem finding a good one.

So, that’s my update for today.  I swung by and got a girl movie, dropped off a prescription, and picked up a drink from Sonic.  (yup, typical iron related ice fixation)  I got home in time to tell the kids goodbye, then I totally conked out on the couch for two hours, making up for some lost sleep last night.  The house is quiet, weirdly quiet.  I’m about to poke around in the kitchen for some food, and then take it easy for the rest of the day.  

But before I go, allow me to post today’s December Photo.  The reason that all this is worth it:  (Excuse my smudgy mirror.  Hey, low iron=excessive fatigue=a messy house.  I blame the baby.  Sorry, sweet pea.)

*almost 37 weeks